My 5 resolutions for 2017


Ah, January. It's always so disheartening to see your Christmas being packed up into boxes and being put into the attic for yet another year, only to welcome that period of detox juices and drought that are a far cry from the buffet food we practically lived off of for the past month. Nevertheless, there's always the breath of fresh air that is the new year, and despite this post being somewhat overdue, I am finally 100% on what I wish to achieve this year.



1.Enjoy blogging again

Blogging is something I have been quite on-and-off with throughout the past year, so I have been taking various amounts of time off from it. After ending 2016 without my own corner of the internet, I realised that this is the creative outlet that I truly need, and have grown to love. I've always been so into writing and communicating with other bloggers and people in my niche, I almost get a little delirious without it. Whether 2 people read it, or 2000 people read it, I appreciate it so much.

2.Become more into media

When I was really little, I always liked reading a lot. I just had to find 'the right book'- soon after I wouldn't be able to put it down. I have to read for school most of the time, but I don't want it to be seen as a chore anymore. I also would like to become more involved in films, and start watching more. I truly love cinema's: the sweet scent of popcorn and the Tango ice blasts - but the films I don't enjoy quite as much. It's the one time when everybody really connects through something without a phone or a laptop, and it's rather special.

3. Take more photos

I'm not really the type of person to constantly capture the moments, and despite not wanting to take photography too seriously all of the time, sometimes I snap a photo in seconds and it just feels so rushed and messy. I want to invest more time into taking higher quality pictures, and let that perfectionist side of me come out more through them.



4. Become more thoughtful

I wouldn't say I am inconsiderate of other people, but sometimes I think its nice to go the extra mile, even if it's just putting more effort into a birthday present, or a thank you card. I often just go with an easy option, not necessarily with friends or birthday cards, but in everyday things and sometimes it's worth doing that little bit extra with things I wouldn't usually think twice about. Texts and emails seem so much less mindful, and communicating via other platforms just seems a lot more whole hearted. 

5. Look after myself

Basic necessities like getting plenty of sleep, and drinking enough water, can impact my day so much. I often get dehydrated which results in dry skin and migraines (which also come from pizza, but I'm not going to give up my Texan BBQ for my headache's sake), and as well I often feel quite sluggish and tired and I just generally end up looking quite ropey in the mornings. Some days I hardly have enough energy to keep up a conversation (which sounds ridiculous, and you're right -it is). Basic health is easily neglected nowadays, so look after yourself too! I used to be so much more energetic and free spirited, and I know that I can get back to that.

This brings my new years resolutions to a close, and although there is nothing too huge there, I don't feel like I have limited myself too much. I just hope this can inspire anybody who is stuck in the rut I began January with. What are your new years resolutions? I would love to hear them!




13 comments:

  1. I loved this post Lily! Can't wait to see more lovely posts xx

    https://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/sixties-fashion_21.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things. I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love this post! It's so good to have you back blogging again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thank you! I'm so happy to be back haha xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really enjoyed reading this! I look forward to your future posts:D Maybe you might like some of the things I write about on my blog.. feel free to have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thank you so much! I'll go give your blog a look now xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the post & can't wait to read your future ones! some lovely ideas & beautiful photos x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this post!! Only just came across your blog,I can't wait to read more of your blogs in the future!Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, such a brilliant post!! My blog is anaeldaydreamer.blogspot.com, and I am new, struggling for publicity too! Please have a look if you have a moment, and feel free to comment!
    -Anael!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all these resolutions and I hope you achieve them and even though we're mid-way through February I think I might add 'become more into media' as well onto my list aha,its always great to get into more interests xx

    http://daisyypetals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly love this post! Love all these resolutions Good to see you have back blogging again in fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and i have tried have him back but i could not, so i try to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your Ex back and there i saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tie down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and i contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also reunite your lovers feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and some other things. I can assure he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

    ReplyDelete